David M. Dines, MD
Dr. David Dines is a world-renowned shoulder surgeon who is Past-President of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society and has been honored as one of the Best Doctors in America and in New York since 1996. He has written numerous articles and books on the subject of shoulder surgery and has given hundreds of lectures nationally and internationally on the subject of shoulder surgery and sports medicine.
He is one of the foremost authorities on shoulder arthroplasty in the world. He has performed thousands of shoulder replacements including live surgeries to teach other orthopedic surgeons here and abroad. Dr. Dines is a developer of the Biomet Biomodular Total Shoulder System, one of the most popular systems used today. He has also been featured in NY Magazine and has been Castle Connelly’s Top Doctors in America since 1996 and Newsday’s Best Doctors on Long Island for 18 years.
Dr. Dines has extensive experience treating professional athletes. He is currently the Medical Director of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP Tour) and has been US Davis Cup Tennis Team Physician since 2000. He is the Medical Director for the LI Ducks Minor League Baseball team and an orthopedic consultant for the US Open Tennis Tournament. Previously he served as the Associate Team Physician for the New York Mets Baseball Team.
Academically, David Dines is a member of the Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service at The Hospital for Special Surgery and is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. Previously he served as Chairman and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine at LIJ. He is very active in research winning the Neer Award for Shoulder Research in 2004 and being nominated 3 times since then.
- Shoulder Replacement
- Sports Shoulder Injuries
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Treatment of Shoulder Instability / Shoulder Dislocations
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Chairman-Emeritus and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine at LIJ
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons ~ President: 2005-2006
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Orthopedic Association